RE: Europa-List: Smooth Prime

Subject: RE: Europa-List: Smooth Prime
From: Duncan & Ami <amimcfadyean@talktalk.net>
Date: Tue, 21 Feb 2012 09:07:09

Fred,
I used Smooth Prime only on those surface that had a problem with pin holes,
which was mostly the wet-layup flying surfaces.
Everywhere that I used it there is now a problem (starting to manifest at
about 5 years age, now at 11 years) with microblistering. Others experienced
worse.
In other areas I used an epoxy solvent-based primer filler.

Maybe the formulation has changed since then, but pretty much every time I
try any water-based two-pack product the experience ends in tears. BMW had
severe problems too in the early days of water-based auto paints.

Duncan McF.