Re: Europa-List: Lightning Strike

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Lightning Strike
From: Trevor Pond <trevpond@aol.com>
Date: Mon, 13 Feb 2012 10:48:54

What do Cirrus do?

Trev
G-LINN

Sent from my iPhone

On 13 Feb 2012, at 10:17, "Martin Olliver" <martflynut@aol.com> wrote:

> Hi All. Has anyone experienced a lightning strike in a Europa? If not what is
the perceived result of such a strike? A few years ago in the south of England
a plastic glider was struck and broke up in flight both occupants survived as
parachutes were deployed. A luxury I am unable to have due to size issues (not
saying I am fat just well built!) My concern with the Europa is the lack of
bonding between components and conductors to ensure components don't explode
apart, as happened with the glider.
> If as I suspect we all take a risk with this issue has any one considered any
possible remedial action to improve the situation?