Europa-List: Re: mode S

Subject: Europa-List: Re: mode S
From: pestar <peter@reivernet.com>
Date: Fri, 10 Feb 2012 11:10:46

I have a Trig TT21, in addition from my EFIS I send NMEA information to my TT21
which has all my GPS information.

So when I fly  those folk who use Foreflight or similar on their smartphones now
track me asking me what am I doing by not being at work.  Works like flight
following.

I leave the TT21 in ALT all the time as I am able via my MGL equipment to use
the
TT21's squat switch and it changes from GND to ALT and back automatically in
Mode S format.

Our standard code in New Zealand is 1200, works like a dream with our SSR.

Cheers Peter

--------
Peter Armstrong
Auckland, New Zealand