Europa-List: mode S

Subject: Europa-List: mode S
From: Richard Iddon <riddon@sent.com>
Date: Fri, 10 Feb 2012 10:35:26

Once again, my apologies for my lack of knowledge on this subject as I was out
of the country for much of last year.  I am trying to bring myself up to date
as to the requirements for Mode S. My first question is do I really need to have
it in the UK for VFR flights? What about flying on the continent?  There is
much info on the web but it looks like there are a lot of exceptions to the
rules
for VFR flights in our airplanes.

I currently have a Microair with mode C.  If I need to upgrade it looks like the
Trig TT21 will fit in the same space. What experience have others had with this
unit?

Richard Iddon

G-RIXS (still grounded due to minor medical issues at present)