Re: Europa-List: Re: Cover for the vacuum pump mount necessary?

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Re: Cover for the vacuum pump mount necessary?
From: Robert Borger <rlborger@mac.com>
Date: Fri, 3 Feb 2012 13:14:14

Hi Jurgen,

When I spoke with Trisha Lockwood, I used the part number for the cover and
gasket
directly from the current Rotax Illustrated Parts Catalog.  926231 for the
Cover and 931770 for the Gasket.  And the parts in the illustration look just
like the parts sent by Lockwood.  Normally these parts are not fastened to the
studs with nuts and washers.  According to the illustrated parts catalog, the
cover and gasket are usually held in place with 4 Allen Screws (M8x20) 240071,
4 Lock Washers (A8) 945752 and 4 Flat Washers (8.4) 250311.  BTW, the cover
plate provided by Lockwood was 6mm thick (~ 1/4 in), so a 6mm or 1/4" plate
should
be correct.

Blue skies & tailwinds,
Bob Borger
Europa XS Tri, Rotax 914, Airmaster C/S Prop.
Little Toot Sport Biplane, Lycoming Thunderbolt AEIO-320 EXP
3705 Lynchburg Dr.
Corinth, TX  76208-5331
Cel: 817-992-1117
rlborger@mac.com

On Feb 3, 2012, at 12:17 PM, europapa wrote:

> Bob, your support is outstanding, thank you so much!
> I have got the removed vacuum pump here in my house.
> The bolt holes are 4,7cm ( 1,85 inch) apart (center-center).
> Seems my mount has got the same size as yours.
> May be, they send you the wrong cover especially I am not sure what the grove
in the plate and the gasket should be good for.
> But looking at the pictures you made I now have got the idea to close the
> adapter
plate and use it as a cover.