Re: Europa-List: VP prop, good idea? which one?

Subject: Re: Europa-List: VP prop, good idea? which one?
From: Jeff B <topglock@cox.net>
Date: Tue, 10 Jan 2012 14:10:38

Graeme,

I bought an Air Master, complete with CS controller, right off and
haven't looked back.  Great performance on both ends and in the middle,
too.

Jeff - Baby Blue

On 1/10/2012 11:44 AM, graeme bird wrote:
> -->  Europa-List message posted by: "graeme bird"<graeme@gdbmk.co.uk>
>
> So, in the shake down flight we were getting 140kts indicated at 5700 @ 2000ft
on a 912ULS but the ASI is reading a bit high. I presume a VP prop would give
a better take off and climb, quieter, maybe faster cruise particularly in
thinner
air. Am I right and which to go for?
> Woodcomp is significantly cheaper and I am told the wood is more absorbent of
vibrations and less stiff.
> Is the CS controller worth having or is manual variable just as good?
> Is it worth being able to feather it?
>
> I intend to fly on my FP warp drive initially but it would suit me to buy the
next prop now if thats the sensible thing to do.