Re: Europa-List: Re: VP prop, good idea? which one?

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Re: VP prop, good idea? which one?
From: Robert Borger <rlborger@mac.com>
Date: Tue, 10 Jan 2012 13:57:44

Greame,

Yes, you may have done just that.

I don't know how you have your current prop set. If it is set for a compromise
between climb and cruise, as most are, then a C/S prop should allow you to take
off in a shorter distance with superior climb performance and then allow you
to cruise at a higher speed for the same fuel flow.  Or you can obtain the same
cruise performance at a lower fuel flow.  If your prop is set for climb
performance
then the C/S prop will equal that performance and provide much better
cruise performance.  If you have your prop adjusted for cruise performance then
the C/S prop will provide much better takeoff and climb performance.

I have an Airmaster AP332 with AP200 controller.  I consider their products to
be of the highest quality and have found Martin to provide excellent support.

Others seem to be quite satisfied with their own choices so you can go on from
there.

Blue skies & tailwinds,
Bob Borger
Europa XS Tri, Rotax 914, Airmaster C/S Prop.
Little Toot Sport Biplane, Lycoming Thunderbolt AEIO-320 EXP
3705 Lynchburg Dr.
Corinth, TX  76208-5331
Cel: 817-992-1117
rlborger@mac.com

On Jan 10, 2012, at 12:46 PM, graeme bird wrote:

> oh dear, searching back through the historical records I see I might have
> kicked
a hornets nest. Just tell me about the benefits of the CS prop then rather
than the comparison.