Europa-List: VP prop, good idea? which one?

Subject: Europa-List: VP prop, good idea? which one?
From: graeme bird <graeme@gdbmk.co.uk>
Date: Tue, 10 Jan 2012 09:44:50

So, in the shake down flight we were getting 140kts indicated at 5700 @ 2000ft
on a 912ULS but the ASI is reading a bit high. I presume a VP prop would give
a better take off and climb, quieter, maybe faster cruise particularly in
thinner
air. Am I right and which to go for?
Woodcomp is significantly cheaper and I am told the wood is more absorbent of
vibrations
and less stiff.
Is the CS controller worth having or is manual variable just as good?
Is it worth being able to feather it?

I intend to fly on my FP warp drive initially but it would suit me to buy the
next
prop now if thats the sensible thing to do.

Advice appreciated.

See you all at the dinner.

--------
Graeme Bird
G-UMPY
Mono Classic/XS FWFD 912ULS/Warp drive FP
Just Test Flying to obtain permit

Read this topic online here: