Europa-List: Re: Dynon AHAHRS question

Subject: Europa-List: Re: Dynon AHAHRS question
From: h&amp;jeuropa <butcher43@att.net>
Date: Sat, 17 Dec 2011 05:43:30

Ian,

We have GRT EFIS and located the magnetometer just aft of the D panel on a shelf
we made at the fuselage part line.   GRT recommends in the wing tip.  We really
wanted to have the magnetometer in the fuselage rather than in the wing since
we have glider wings as well.

This location has worked OK for us.  We did have to shield the magnetometer
(wrapped
with aluminum foil) because of RF when transmitting and we have had instances
where magnetic materials in the baggage bay affected it, so we watch where
we load things now (our tie down stakes!).  The mass balance weight does not
affect the magnetometer in this location.

We know of several Europas that have their magnetometer located overhead between
the doors and it apparently works well there.

Hope this helps.

Jim & Heather
N241BW

Read this topic online here: