SV: Europa-List: Bottom cut-outs

Subject: SV: Europa-List: Bottom cut-outs
From: Sidsel & Svein Johnsen <sidsel.svein@oslo.online.no>
Date: Tue, 13 Dec 2011 18:48:54
Gary,

Thank you very much for your good comments.

I will give it a try with the openings that I presently have, and will do as
you suggest - move some parts (the T for fuel return and the T for sight
tube) so that they become accessible in the wheel well, provided I manage to
get out those parts and hoses (some surgical cutting of the old hoses could
do the trick).

Without having performed any structural analysis, attached is a sketch of
how area B (ref. my previous mail) could be cut out and the strength of the
bottom retained when an aluminum cover of adequate thickness and quality is
bolted in the cut-out's place.  WARNING:  Not verified in any way!!

Good luck with completion of your build!

Regards,

Svein