Re: Europa-List: Diameter of 912 oil hose and oil hose type

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Diameter of 912 oil hose and oil hose type
From: Neville Eyre <neveyre@aol.co.uk>
Date: Fri, 25 Nov 2011 13:56:22

Hi Christoph,
The oil lines in the circuit do not see the pressure you see on the gauge,t
hat stays within the engine, the line from the tank via the cooler to the p
ump inlet sees SUCTION, the return line from the crankcase sees just above
atmospheric [ crankcase pressure] so you don't need fancy high pressure hos
es, but it does need to be oil resistant, and firm enough to not collapse u
nder suction. Try Jap or German Auto parts outlets, they will have hose in
that horrible foriegn measurement size ! Go for a ''name'' Brand, ie Goodye
ar, Pirelli, Conti and you won't be far wrong.
I sleeve ALL fuel and oil lines in either / both Firesleeve [ the red rubbe
ry glass lined stuff], or the silver foil covered glass sleeve, ACS or ''Bo
y Racer'' Auto stores for those.
Rather than the ''Jubilee'' worm drive clamps which have a stiff straight p
art on them that won't conform to the hose, I go for the ones with a ''swiv
el'' nut and bolt that keeps a constant curve to the clamp circumference, t
hey also have a flared rim that prevents them digging in to the hose, more
expensive than Jubilee's, cheaper than the fancy [ and unnecessary] Aeroqui
p sort.
Cheers ,
Nev