Re: Europa-List: 100% stop

Subject: Re: Europa-List: 100% stop
From: Robert Borger <rlborger@mac.com>
Date: Mon, 24 Oct 2011 16:09:33
Paul,

I realize this answer is a bit tardy, but I have been all wrapped around the
axle
on other issues and never got around to an answer.

I have a suggestion for your 100% throttle stops.  They are called "spring
plungers"
in the McMaster-Carr on-line catalog.  Here is a picture of a set:

=46rom RIGHT to LEFT: Spring Plunger and Mounting Base, Spring Plunger
partially screwed into the Mounting Base, Spring Plunger fully screwed
into the Mounting Base, Mounting Base turned 180=BA showing the ball end
of the Spring Plunger.  The black thing is the Adjusting Wrench.

I have not actually installed them yet, but I plan to give them a try
once I get the W/B issues associated with the tri-gear conversion sorted
out and things are running again.

The plan is to establish the 100% point.  Then installing one of these
things one each side of the throttle plate so that the throttle hits the
stop-ball at 100%.  Then a good push should advance the throttle through
the spring plunger balls and on to 115%.

These things come in a wide variety of shapes and sizes.  Go to
http://www.McMaster.com/ and they are about 1/3 of the way down the main
contents page under "Fabricating" -- "Clamping and Positioning"

Good luck.

Blue skies & tailwinds,
Bob Borger
http://www.europaowners.org/N914XL
Europa XS, Short Wing, Intercooled Rotax 914
rlborger@mac.com
Cel: 817-992-1117