RE: Europa-List: Bungee

Subject: RE: Europa-List: Bungee
From: Bryan Allsop <bryanallsop@hotmail.com>
Date: Mon, 3 Oct 2011 17:27:58

Thanks for that Kingsley=2C Even if I had been able to assemble the 12mm bu
ngee supplied by Europa through the available gaps It would have been a big
 mistake=2C The extra tension multiplied by 14 strands would have made lowe
ring the undercarriage impossible. Replacing the bungee is not a minor task
. It involves removing the engine=2C and the panels behind the engine. I do
 not want to do it again.  I was able to buy 10mm from a local tarpaulin su
pplier. It went in without too much trouble=2C but I would recommend purcha
sing at least 8 meters ( or yards ) and marking the original 20 ft length o
n it. The spare length makes it much easier to pull through. Thanks again.
Bryan  From: kingsnjan@westnet.com.au
Date: Sun=2C 2 Oct 2011 16:50:40 +1000

>  can anyone confirm that 10 mm is the correct
size?

Bryan=2C

The bungee cord supplied to me by Europa many years ago is
indeed 10mm.

Cheers
Kingsley