Europa-List: venting cooling system 912S

Subject: Europa-List: venting cooling system 912S
From: graeme bird <graeme@gdbmk.co.uk>
Date: Sun, 25 Sep 2011 11:58:05

I seem to recall seeing somewhere how to vent the cooling system to remove
potential
air bubbles but cant find it. I have been doing some engine runs while waiting
for permission to test fly and it seems to be getting pretty warm - water
to 120 C after around 20 mins at 2200 rpm and I wondered if there is air in
the system or if that is normal.

Am I right in thinking you slip up the port side radiator connection rubber and
drill a small hole on the rad flange?

--------
Graeme Bird
G-UMPY
Mono Classic/XS FWFD 912ULS/Warp drive FP
Build nearing completion

Read this topic online here: