Europa-List: Trailor

Subject: Europa-List: Trailor
From: Martin Olliver <martflynut@aol.com>
Date: Sun, 25 Sep 2011 01:05:32

I am doing a refurbishment of a four wheel tilt bed Stock factory tri gear
trailor.
I am about to fit the winch and because of weight at the hitch point propose to
mount the 12v winch on the cross member between the end of the ramps and the
forward wing sling mounting.
I do not have the aircraft to try for size at the moment. Can any one tell me
the
rough height clearance between the fuselage bottom and the top of the cross
strut. The reason is that the aircraft sits on the trailer lower at the fin
because
the nose wheel ramp is higher than the main gear ramps. This allows for
a lower overall height clearance by lowering the fin.

 Can the aircraft be mounted on the trailer with spats still on? If the answer
is no could this be achieved by extending the ramp lengths to reduce the angle
the trailing edge of the spat meets the ramp?

Read this topic online here: