Europa-List: Heat shields - carbs

Subject: Europa-List: Heat shields - carbs
From: Sidsel & Svein Johnsen <sidsel.svein@oslo.online.no>
Date: Mon, 13 Jun 2011 15:31:32
Jean-Paul,

Attached are five photos of my carb heats shields (912 ULS), which I
hope will say more than a thousand words.

The shield is made of thin stainless steel plate.  The support is one
continous strip cut from a stainless steel plate, riveted to the shield.
 The zig-zag shape makes the support sufficiently stiff against
vibrations.

You will see that the aft, lower fixation of the shield support is the
screw clamp that holds the exhaust temp thermocouple in place, while the
forward, upper fixation is a standard stainless steel screw hose clamp.
Both are tightened "just so" - no point tightening hard.  If you do not
have these thermocouples installed, use hose clamps.

Good luck.

Regards,
Svein
LN-SKJ