RE: Europa-List: Carb, fuel and oil tube heat shielding

Subject: RE: Europa-List: Carb, fuel and oil tube heat shielding
From: Brian Davies <bdavies@dircon.co.uk>
Date: Wed, 11 May 2011 08:42:15
I have been following this thread and waiting to see if exhaust wrapping
will be mentioned as a solution to high under-cowl temperatures.  The
wrapping of exhaust systems has always been frowned upon in the certified
world, supposedly because it causes cracking and corrosion of the system.
Modern exhaust wrap is highly effective and I am not aware of any negative
effects.  It is also approved by the LAA on a number of Rotax installations.

My experience with it is on a closely cowled racing engine where the heat
reduction is quite dramatic.

Any comments?

Regards

Brian Davies