Europa-List: Re: Spraying questions

Subject: Europa-List: Re: Spraying questions
From: h&amp;jeuropa <butcher43@att.net>
Date: Thu, 28 Apr 2011 05:11:53

Hi Graeme,

There was an excellent series on painting in the EAA Sport Aviation magazine in
about 2003.  It was by Ron Alexander.  You can get it on line.  I think EAA has
published it as a booklet now too.

We painted our Europa ourselves and it turned out nicely.  Do not paint in
squares.
Spray each part the full length or the full width.

Practice spraying on a glass surface to get your technique.  We painted the
glass
---From our storm door many times.  Once dry, its easy to strip with a razor
blade.

We used Poly Fiber system Aerothane for the top coat.  They have an excellent
book
on their products and how to use them.  Their telephone support in the US
is good too.

We color sanded after spraying and that made a big difference.

Jim & Heather
N241BW
A185

Read this topic online here: