Re: Europa-List: Spraying questions

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Spraying questions
From: David Joyce <davidjoyce@doctors.org.uk>
Date: Wed, 27 Apr 2011 08:57:06

Graeme, Not wanting to sound discouraging, but I think spraying is the one
thing in the whole build that is worth getting a professional to do. It is
so easy to make a poor job of it on first attempt, and so obvious
thereafter, and so difficult to put straight if you don't get it quite
right! But if you are intent on doing it I would suggest doing a complete
job on say one tailplane first so that you can be happy with your technique
before going on. I am sure others who know more about it will give you more
specific advice, but my one tip would be to be meticulous to the point of
paranoia in preparing the surface to absolute smoothness and mattness (ie
none of the original shine of the moulded bits must remain)
Regards, David Joyce, G-XSDJ