Europa-List: Spraying questions

Subject: Europa-List: Spraying questions
From: graeme bird <graeme@gdbmk.co.uk>
Date: Tue, 26 Apr 2011 13:07:09

I am preparing to spraying the top coats (underside of elevators, then wings
first!)
and have a couple of simple questions I am using 2K acrylic Octoral PF131
high build primer and Dellfleet 350 top coat:

a) how to spray large areas like wings - whether better to work in squares or
walk
down the wing each time? My paint says cross coats and I am using the slow
thinner.

b) do I need to let the primer dry ie 24 hours or is it better to spray sooner
and get a better bond. I would guess dry would be best and fine sand off any
tiny
blemmishes.

Thanks

--------
Graeme Bird
G-UMPY
Mono Classic/XS FWFD 912ULS/Warp drive FP
Build nearing completion

Read this topic online here: