Europa-List: Re: Jabiru vs. Rotax

Subject: Europa-List: Re: Jabiru vs. Rotax
From: AirEupora <AirEupora@sbcglobal.net>
Date: Sun, 17 Apr 2011 10:41:04

You are right Kevin.  Trying to compare a Jabiru to a Rotax 912 or 914 is like
comparing Apples and Oranges.  Both taste good.

The Jabiru will use a little over one gallon more per hour so it will cost me
$5.00
more an hour to operate.  If I get to fly 100 hour this coming year it will
cost me $500.00 dollars this year over your cost for fuel.  I can still divide
that into the initial cost firewall forward.

I looked on the web pages today and Rotax 912ULS is 21K plus the cost of
firewall
forward vs. 18K for everything on the Jabiru.

Rick Stockton

Read this topic online here: