Re: Europa-List: Re: JABIRU 3300 BRAND NEW OVER TEMPERATURE DURING

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Re: JABIRU 3300 BRAND NEW OVER TEMPERATURE DURING
From: ptag.dev@tiscali.co.uk <ptag.dev@tiscali.co.uk>
Date: Sun, 17 Apr 2011 17:04:41
TAXI

Not any more Bud I was lucky to be able to change it for a Rotax 914!
Regards
Bob Harrison GPTAG

DURING   TAXI

>I had thought I was the only one with sleepless nights.

>Bud

DURING TAXI

ptag.dev@tiscali.co.uk>" <ptag.dev@tiscali.co.uk<mailto:ptag.
dev@tiscali.co.uk>>

>  Hi! Frans, Graham /all

>  With comments about the Jabiru you are subjecting me to a
nightmare

)

>  >Agree about the Jabiru also, sad but geared and liquid cooled
will

frans@privatepilots.nl>>

<frans@privatepilots<mailto:frans@privatepilots>.

>  nl>

>  >

>  >On 04/15/2011 10:17 AM, GRAHAM SINGLETON wrote:

>  >

>  >> To a certain extent the same thing happens with Rotax so the
front

>  >> cylinders get more fuel than the rear at some throttle
settings,

>  drops

>  >> of fuel don't turn corners the same as air molecules!

>  >

>  >I believe the "problem" with the Rotax is of a different nature.

>  There

>  >are two carbs, and the inlet pulses are not equally distributed.
Each

>  >carb will see two inlet pulses in sequence, then followed by a
long

>  >pause when the cylinders on the other side (fed by the other
carb)

>  have

>  >their respective inlet pulses.

>  >After the pause, the flow of fuel inside the nozzles is stalled.
With

>  >the first cylinder breathing, the fuel has to start moving again,
and

>  >the second cylinder has the benefit that the fuel is already up to

>  >speed. So the second cylinder in the sequence receives a slightly

>  richer

>  >mixture.

>  >A solution can be to use a bigger bore balance tube. Some Italian

>  >company is selling a pair of manifolds and balance tube for this

>  >purpose, and the manifolds have already the bosses in them to
mount

>  fuel

>  >injectors for future upgrades (and using the carbs as fuelless

>  throttle

>  >bodies and backup in case the EFI fails).

>  >

>  >Ok,the subject was "Jabiru". To keep it in the subject: After the

>  long

>  >list of problems and disadvantages, can anybody enlighten me what
the

>  >benefit is of the Jab over the Rotax? (I assume there must be
one,