Europa-List: Airmaster failure

Subject: Europa-List: Airmaster failure
From: Justin Kennedy <Justin@systemwise.co.uk>
Date: Fri, 18 Feb 2011 14:36:29
HI Guys,

I took off from Gap Tallard in the French Alps in Summer 2009 year and my A
irmaster refused to go into "Cruise". Meitrher Auto or Manual pitch control
 worked. I had to fly the sortie in fine pitch. The possibility of overspee
d was ever present when you are used to the Airmaster doing the work. On in
spection the stud with the green wire attached to it had sheared just as yo
urs did.  Luckily, thanks to very helpful French engineer on the airfield w
hose wife also fed myself and my wife, I was able to drill and tap a tiny h
ole into the broken stud and get a good connection going again. I was able
to get back to Scotland with this and indeed it proved so secure that I was
 able to use it while Airmaster supplied me with the whole new three ring c
ircus. The studs are embedded behind the rings so I needed the whole thing.
 Fitting a new ring requires removal of the propeller which was a big job f
or such a small failure. All working again.
No damage anywhere and the piece of stud dropped out when I removed the spi
nner so it must have lodged itself somewhere.
The outcome was a happy ending, a nasty moment in amongst the high mountain
s new friends made who we promise to revisit and quite a lot of work to put
 right.
You asked .

Looking forward to some good weather this Summer, fingers crossed.
Safe flying all
Justin

G-ZTED Europa Classic Monowheel 912S Airmaster
Kit No:15