Re: Europa-List: Monowheel disk brake

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Monowheel disk brake
From: GRAHAM SINGLETON <grahamsingleton@btinternet.com>
Date: Fri, 11 Feb 2011 10:19:44
I once had plated Cleveland discs on my Long EZ, They lasted a year or so t
hen =0Athe plating started to flake off and that was that, pads lasted a fe
w weeks =0Aonly! The full answer is stainless steel with a special surface
treatment, they =0Awere superb but I don't think the company exists any mor
e. Aircraft Spruce sold =0Athem but that was 15 years ago=0AGraham=0A=0A=0A
=0A=0A________________________________=0AFrom: Guerner Remi <air.guerner@or
ange.fr>=0ATo: Europa-List Digest Server <europa-list@matronics.com>=0ASent
: Friday, 11 February, 2011 9:50:14=0ASubject: Europa-List: Monowheel disk
ange.fr>=0A=0AHi Nigel,=0A=0AVery nice looking brake disk! That may be the
solution. What is your experience =0Awith that chromed disk? How many hours
 on the disk? on the pads?=0ARegarding the chroming process, do you know th
e thickness of the chrome layer?=0ARegards=0ARemi=0A=0A=0A<<<<I chose to mo
dify my standard disc to lighten it, provide better water=0Adrainage and to
 improve the wear characteristics by having it hard=0Achromed (as Graham su