Re: Europa-List: Monowheel disk brake

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Monowheel disk brake
From: GRAHAM SINGLETON <grahamsingleton@btinternet.com>
Date: Tue, 8 Feb 2011 23:28:19
Remi=0Athat looks a bit like zinc plating, which imno would be a waste of t
ime (& =0Amoney) The plating should be hard chrome. Pad technology is not a
s simple as it =0Aused to be either, but I am not up to date on that.=0AGra
ham=0A=0A=0A=0A=0A=0A________________________________=0AFrom: Guerner Remi
<air.guerner@orange.fr>=0ATo: Europa-List Digest Server <europa-list@matron
ics.com>=0ASent: Tuesday, 8 February, 2011 21:23:08=0ASubject: Europa-List:
 Monowheel disk brake=0A=0AHi all,=0A=0AMy original brake pads lasted 635 f
light hours. The second set (Cleveland =0A66-106) lasted only 159 hours. I
also had to refill the master cylinder every 20 =0Ahours or so to compensat
e for the rapid pad wear. I then discovered that the =0Asurface of the disc
 was showing circular grooves with some embedded steel =0Aparticles emergin
g from the surface. I decided to order a new disk from Europa =0A(142 briti
sh pounds + VAT) . I flew with the new disk and new pads (Rapco =0ARA66-106
) for the first time yesterday. The attached picture shows the surface =0Ao
f the new disk after only two full stop landings with moderate braking. The
 =0Aaspect of the surface is very similar to the old disk one. I do not exp
ect the =0Anew pads to last long with such a rough surface!=0AHas anyone ex
perienced this problem? Any solution?=0ARegards=0ARemi Guerner=0AF-PGKL