RE: Europa-List: Re: Tailplane retention mod

Subject: RE: Europa-List: Re: Tailplane retention mod
From: craigb <craigb@onthenet.com.au>
Date: Tue, 8 Feb 2011 07:27:11

As for the BUMP, if you use some sponge rubber (dish washing, seat bases
etc)
Cut some pieces about 10-15mm bigger than the hole all round, and another
piece
For the skin surface, wrap the foam in lunch wrap plastic and put it in the
hole
After you do your layup, and then the large skin piece over the hole, with
plastic again
And some heavy (4 or 5 kg) object, like a sand bag on top, will compress the
layups
Much the same as vacuum bagging would, it will generally push any excess
resin out past
The edge of the cloth, giving you a "glass like" very smooth compact layup.
I use this
Method for most of my glass work now where conformation into or onto a
complex shape would see a constant fight with the glass lifting creating
"bubbles" underneath. Four
Layers of bid done like this looks like about 1 layer thick

Hope this helps

Regards

craig