Europa-List: Re: windscreen air

Subject: Europa-List: Re: windscreen air
From: rampil <ira.rampil@gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 16 Nov 2010 10:26:53

I would wait for people actually flying with these fans in condensing
or overheating conditions to report the result of their use before deciding what
to do.

After a very warm summer in my neck of the woods, I installed a fan
over my BMA EFIS into a louver pointed at the plexi.

At best, it prolongs the time to EFIS internal temp of 145F by about 15%
meaning from (out of the sun 90F) to 145F flying in sun now takes
about 30 min instead of 25 min. The BMA displays internal temp and shuts
off at 153 or so.  Lucky, in the soup it is never that warm!

To be a useful amount of cooling air in my glass panel system, I am
looking at a straight dump of an outside air vent into the panel on the hottest
days to be effective given the IR energy and electric load into the panel.  All
these pretty little fan setups may work fine on a sunny day
in Alaska but not Lakeland Florida.

--------
Ira N224XS

Read this topic online here: