Europa-List: Engine not turning over

Subject: Europa-List: Engine not turning over
From: Karl Heindl <kheindl@msn.com>
Date: Wed, 3 Nov 2010 00:40:58

Hi=2C
I found myself stranded with an engine that would not start. There was only
 a click from the relay=2C but no movement up front. I got the aircraft hom
e on my trailer=2C it was to be my last flight this season anyway.I assume
it is a broken sprag clutch. Has anyone got experience in that area ? My qu
estion is: does it require removal of the engine ?I removed the starter mot
or and it checks out okay. Hand turning the prop is also no problem.
Appreciate any advice.
Karl