Europa-List: High Price Part!

Subject: Europa-List: High Price Part!
From: JEFF ROBERTS <jeff@rmmm.net>
Date: Mon, 18 Oct 2010 08:59:43

HI All,
I was needing to replace one of the bent tube assemblies that the
choke cable runs thru at the carb. I figured a little soft brass tube
part can't be but a few bucks so I called Lockwood. WOW! $41.00 each!
The thing is 3 inches of bent 1/4 inch brass.

Has any one replaced these with their own assembly? I have an idea of
a bracket that would be stronger and more secure but I thought I would
check in on the list to see if others have come up with somethings
first.

I can afford the part but I hate being raped just because they can.
Get that enough from the government!

Thanks in advance!

Jeff R.  N128LJ Gold Rush