Europa-List: Hose selection

Subject: Europa-List: Hose selection
From: JEFF ROBERTS <jeff@rmmm.net>
Date: Tue, 21 Sep 2010 09:11:14

As I'm in the process of pulling my engine I have noticed some
chaffing of the larger coolant hoses behind the engine. Also the area
on the hose directly behind the muffler appears to have surface
fractures due to the muf heat. Yes it was wrapped with heat shield.
My question is what have others done when replacing these larger
hoses. I have seen the better silicon hoses from the auto supply
houses but I'm not sure of the 90 degree bends working with this type.
Would they kink etc. I would be curious to what others have done to
replace these?

Thanks in advance!!

Jeff R.  N128LJ Gold Rush