Europa-List: Tail wheel control cables attachment

Subject: Europa-List: Tail wheel control cables attachment
From: Guerner Remi <air.guerner@orange.fr>
Date: Mon, 13 Sep 2010 22:39:21
Hi Ron,

Thank you for your suggestions. However, having no tail wheel stop is
not good. While pushing your aircraft backwards, the tailwheel will
turn 180 degrees or more and your rigid turnbuckles will be
dangerously damaged. Same thing may happen when landing in a crosswind
with the rudder (and therefore the tailwheel) deflected. When
contacting the ground, the tailwheel is violently pushed to the
opposite position and again your turnbuckle may be damaged . The
Singleton stop is a lot better than the original XS stop (a rolled pin
which breaks after a few dozens landings), but as I saw several
Singleton stops damaged by the beating they take, I designed a
stronger copy (see attached picture).

Regards
Remi

<<<<**I ripped off Grahams aluminium tailwheel stop
**I incorporated turnbuckles on tailwheel drive, one side with an eye
and the other
with a clevis>>>>>>>