Re: Europa-List: Tail wheel control cables attachment

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Tail wheel control cables attachment
From: Robert Borger <rlborger@mac.com>
Date: Sun, 12 Sep 2010 18:58:21

Remi,

Loose the clips!  Replace them with AN115 Cable Shackles, Clevis Pins and a
Cotter
Pins (split pin).

http://www.aircraftspruce.com/catalog/appages/an115.php
http://www.aircraftspruce.com/catalog/hapages/clevispins.php
http://www.aircraftspruce.com/catalog/hapages/cotterpins.php

Check six,
Bob Borger
http://www.europaowners.org/N914XL
Europa XS, Short Wing, Intercooled Rotax 914
rlborger@mac.com
Cel: 817-992-1117

On Sep 12, 2010, at 12:18 PM, Guerner Remi wrote:

> Hi all monowheel drivers,
>
> After landing on a mountain strip today I noticed I had some trouble
> controlling
the aircraft on roll out and tight turning on the parking.  The next landing
on another altiport was uneventful but again I had trouble tight turning to
the parking spot.
> During the preflight check for the return flight, this is what I found:  the
starboard ring attaching the cable of the tailwheel fork was open and was barely
insuring a very loose connection. See attached picture.
> I am afraid that if that ring had become fully disconnected, I would have
> crashed
into the wall of rocks on the left side of that runway!