RE: Europa-List: Engine Selection Rotax 914?

Subject: RE: Europa-List: Engine Selection Rotax 914?
From: Garry Stout <garrys@tampabay.rr.com>
Date: Mon, 23 Aug 2010 10:46:13

I have owned and flown both the Rotax 912 and the 914, with about 500 hours
each.
I have not experience any reliability issues with either one, and from what
I gather from Rotax mechanics and other owners, the 914 doesn't require any
more maintenance than the 912.  Living where you do, you shouldn't even consider
the 912.  The 914 is the ONLY way to go for you.

Garry Stout