Re : Europa-List: Travel Tool Kit

Subject: Re : Europa-List: Travel Tool Kit
From: John Wigney <johnwigney@windstream.net>
Date: Thu, 22 Jul 2010 12:11:51

Hi Troy,

Glad to hear that things are going well. My monowheel check list
includes the following:-

    * Multi tip screwdriver
    * Inexpensive metric and inch sockets and ratchet handle (e.g.
      Harbor Freight supply)
    * Spark plug wrench
    * Metric Allen wrenches
    * Small adjustable wrench
    * Bag with common sizes of washers, bolts, screws, nuts, etc.
    * Needle nose pliers.
    * Tape & scissors.
    * 1 quart oil
    * Small bottle of NPG+ coolant
    * Spark plugs
    * Decalin fuel additive -
      http://www.aircraftspruce.com/catalog/appages/Decalin.php (I
      always use 100LL)
    * Tow line for the tailwheel
    * Tie downs
    * Rotax voltage regulator (~200 hours life at best?)
    * Jacking block
    * Spare inner tube - Wicks Aircraft item # TB-MTAT8X6, this fits
      8.00-6 & 7.00-6 tires. My tire is a 7.00-6, 6 ply.
    * ??

I hope you can drag your plane into the air when you put it all on
board. Just kidding - never a problem.

Cheers, John
N262WF
Mooresville, North Carolina

(To Oshkosh attendees - I plan to arrive at OSH Home Built Camping on
Wednesday.)