Europa-List: Europa XS For Sale

Subject: Europa-List: Europa XS For Sale
From: Richard Sementilli <rsementi@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 21 Jul 2010 23:32:24

> 2006 EUROPA XS FOR SALE: Converted Monowheel to Conventional gear (axles c
an convert to tundra tires if desired), speed kit. Rotax 912S with auxiliary
 alternator (40 amps), Airmaster Constant Speed prop, Dynon D10A, Grand Rapi
ds EIS, electric airspeed/altimeter gauges, Garmin 396, TruTrak 2 axis autop
ilot, Becker Radio & Trans, Monroy Traffic Watch PS eng intercom, auxiliary f
uel tank, Custom Covered Trailer with Wing Walkers, many extras, built with t
he guidance and expertise of Alan "Bud" Yerly of Custom Flight Creations. To
tal time on engine, prop and airframe is 75 hours. It just had it's annual d
one plus 90 hours of maintenance and updates done by Bud these past two mont
hs.
> Asking $76,900 - negotiable and I am motivated to sell. (Total invested $1
10K+ with trailer and all).
> Please contact Richard Sementilli at rsementi@gmail.com My cell is 917-385
-8726. If you want to see and fly it in person, it is currently at Curtiss A
ero, DXR airport in Danbury Connecticut

Thanks!
RS

On Jul 21, 2010, at 10:47 PM, "Cleve Lee" <clevelee@earthlink.net> wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> Yes, I've put up the Jabiru for sale after running some numbers and talkin
g with a few Alphabet departments at the FAA.  Since I've been building for 1
0 years as I've moved between counties I've missed the 'grandfathering' phas
e of allowing me to recertify the aircraft as an ELSA, which is no longer a v
alid category since January of this year.  This means the aircraft has to be
 completed as an Experimental Amateur Built.  No problem as it actually give
s a wider audience in the future should I want to sell the plane.

> However, if I want to to fly the plane with a Sport Pilot License (and let
 my medical go) then the plane must perform to LSA specs.  One can fly an Ex
perimental or Standard category aircraft with a Sport License if the aircraf
t performs and was permitted/licensed that way originally.  Hence my desire t
o to dumb down the Europa by 10+ knots on the cruise, and put it on a 50 lb d
iet to meet the GW and ensure adequate stall speed performance. In the XS ca
se I'll also need to put in a fixed gear and I'm leaning towards a composite
 conventional gear.

> Translated, this means I need sell my heavier J3300 and look at the 912UL.
 Asking price on the still in the box Jabiru is 15K complete w/prop FWF.

=========
=========
=========
=========