Re: Europa-List: Check your Landing Gear Retraction Lever Strut (Mod 51)

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Check your Landing Gear Retraction Lever Strut (Mod 51)
From: David Joyce <davidjoyce@doctors.org.uk>
Date: Thu, 15 Jul 2010 10:47:37

I a sure Roger is right, and that is why I leave the wheel down when
trailering on a dolly. However I first had trouble when flying though some
severe turbulence in rotor in fairly high wind conditions in Welsh
mountains. I only discovered the problem when I came to put the gear down
and found that the joint had moved so that the gear lever stopped something
like a cm short of its 'Down' detent. The problem was solved by pulling very
hard on the lever and then giving my right fist a mighty thump with the
other one. Since then I disassembled the joint, packed it with blue sticky
mixture and reassembled it with mod 51. I have had no problem since in spite
of lots of turbulence and knowing that mod 51 was shot & useless for some
years. Regards, David Joyce, G-XSDJ