Europa-List: Check your Landing Gear Retraction Lever Strut (Mod 51)

Subject: Europa-List: Check your Landing Gear Retraction Lever Strut (Mod 51)
From: klaus dietrich <klaus.dietrich@oracle.com>
Date: Tue, 13 Jul 2010 19:29:35
*_Check your Landing Gear Retraction Lever Strut (Mod 51)_*

after 10 years in service and some 800 hours with as many landings, my
*_Landing Gear Retraction Lever Strut (Mod 51)_* had an oval oversize
hole at the bottom end (14mm; for the MS 20392-5C37 bolt which is 9,5
mm) and it finally broke at the top (just below the AN 3 bolt probably
due to some misalignment due to the play at the bottom...
no play at the top AN 3 bolt, however!

The three screws on the Landing Gear Retraction Lever at the top seem to
hold (no play)....

I'm still searching for an explanation; my aluminum angle was probably
not strong enough: material thickness: 1,5 mm; L-profile: 20 mm x 8 mm
also the strut is not absolutely straight and there is some sideways
flexibility which may have favored the play...

Klaus