RE: Europa-List: oil temp

Subject: RE: Europa-List: oil temp
From: Brian Davies <brian.davies@clara.co.uk>
Date: Thu, 15 Jul 2010 08:58:18
Mike,

Assuming you are using the standard connector it is very easy to get a high
resistance connection at this point and this will give low readings.  Make
sure the spade connector is a tight fit on the sensor.  Gently squeese with
pliers to close up the gap.

There is always a dramatic difference in temps when running without cowls so
expect low temps.  Having said that, for the very first run I would have
expected a higher temp.  If the guage has reached 50C you could try opening
it up to 3500rpm to see if it gets warmer.

Regards

Brian Davies

  _____