Re: Europa-List: Mod 70 fliers with tufnol strips in place of cables

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Mod 70 fliers with tufnol strips in place of cables
From: Duncan & Ami McFadyean <ami@mcfadyean.freeserve.co.uk>
Date: Wed, 14 Jul 2010 19:52:25
At idle or while taxiing, the balance weight can at times vibrate
against the rubbing strips, introducing some additional periodic noise.
This is possible even with the cables and close fitted tolerance with
the rubbing strips.
Goes without saying that the strips have to be fitted perpendicular to
the TP torque tube (although this probably twists out of true during a
taxiing turn).

In flight I've not noticed any vibration above all the other odd
vibrations and rattles and there doesn't appear to be any loss of trim
sensitivity from any increased friction.

Duncan McF.