RE: Europa-List: Mod 70 fliers with tufnol strips in place of cables

Subject: RE: Europa-List: Mod 70 fliers with tufnol strips in place of cables
From: glenn crowder <gcrowder2@hotmail.com>
Date: Wed, 14 Jul 2010 11:31:15

  I installed the Tufnol strips and with engine and wind noise in flight pl
us headsets I cannot

hear or feel anything rubbing anywhere.  Seems to be a effective and lightw
eight solution to me!

                                                                     Glenn

From: gregoryf.flyboy@comcast.net
Date: Wed=2C 14 Jul 2010 09:41:59 -0700

For those out there that implemented mod 70 (tailplane mass-balance arm rep
lacement) and hacked out the cables=2C how is it going? While flying throug
h steep banks or turbulence=2C can you feel (through the stick) the mass-ba
lance weights thumping up against the guide strips? Maybe it can be felt as
 a slight resistance to fore/aft stick movement? Due to the very small clea
rance between the weights and the strips=2C and the tendency for the arm to
 wiggle laterally=2C this is sure to be happening.

I built the 'H' support with precision=2C as if going to use of the guide s
trips=2C but am expecting to switch over to the cables if the tufnol method
 did not perfectly satisfy me in the end. Part of the satisfaction is in ho
w it works in flight. I cannot find anyone weighing in on this yet..

The turnbuckles and nicopress clamps have been sitting in a box gathering d
ust=2C and they would like to know when they are to do their part.

Greg Fuchs A050

inbox.
http://www.windowslive.com/campaign/thenewbusy?ocid=PID28326::T:WLMTAGL:O
N:WL:en-US:WM_HMP:042010_2