Europa-List: Pierburg Output Fuel Pressure

Subject: Europa-List: Pierburg Output Fuel Pressure
From: Tony Renshaw <tonyrenshaw268@gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 2 Jul 2010 15:59:03

Gidday,
I have a VDO pressure switch set to close at PSI < 2, and am wondering if I can
use this in my Europa designed Fuel System for my 914. I am thinking of putting
it after my primary pump, before it feeds into the common manifold, and have
it automatically switch on the 2nd pump, whilst illuminating a low fuel pressure
light. Whenever the 2nd pump is operating, either manually or automatically
I am after a light to tell me so on the dash, which shouldn't be too hard.
My research suggests that the Pierburg outputs at 1 bar, which is 14 PSI, so
this
switch will work as good as any, albeit at that low warning it probably won't
precede the engine burping and protesting. So, is it worthy of putting into
the system or should I change it for something set to a more appropriate value,
and what would that be ideally?
Reg
Tony Renshaw
Sydney Ausie