Re: Europa-List: Re: Intercooler for 914

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Re: Intercooler for 914
From: Frans Veldman <frans@privatepilots.nl>
Date: Thu, 10 Jun 2010 18:08:24

On 06/10/2010 05:31 PM, rparigoris wrote:

> Now I too am confused a little.

It gets more confusing all the time!

> I figured UMA had it figured out how
> to best measure air box air temperature. They offer a Rotax 914 air
> box sender.

Well, when I ordered it, I asked specifically for something like this,
but they didn't have it. I could buy the carb temp stuff instead. So
that is what I bought, although the upper limit of the scale is with
+60C less than I wanted, and the low limit of -60C is somewhat less than
I ever hope to encounter with my Europa!

> I can't use their sender output, so I ordered one of
> their senders without anything inside. It is a hex head probe made
> out of brass with a perhaps 1" or 1+1/4" thin extension that
> protrudes into air box stream.

Do you have a part number or anything else I can refer to?

> Are you saying this is the sender you purchased from UMA originally
> that is not working too well?

Yep. It was all metal. So essentially it was measuring the temperature
of the metal airbox itself.

Frans