Europa-List: Europa Making Unauthorised Transactions on my Visacard

Subject: Europa-List: Europa Making Unauthorised Transactions on my Visacard
From: Tony Renshaw <tonyrenshaw268@gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 1 Jun 2010 15:51:44
Gidday,
I'm hoping mad !!!!!!! 3 months ago I ordered a 912 S FWF kit, and about
3-4 weeks after I changed it to a 914 FWF kit. I recognised at the time
this was inconveniencing and apologised, but was offered up a 6 year old
unused 914 and a quick decision was req'd, and the FWF order needed to
be changed. At the time I changed my mind the only significant component
needing to be reordered was the engine mount, and the whole process was
dragging along very slowly.  Contradictory information was provided
suggesting my kit was already packaged, and yet I knew the major
components had not arrived at Europa, and in essence there was "at most"
the two small shoeboxes of hardware that could have been prepackaged for
me at that time. To put these back on the shelf is not a big task.
Coincidentally, David Stanbridge posted on the Forum a statement that
the company had intentions of "always having shelf stock", and on that
basis when presented with a 180 Pound restocking fee I disputed it with
Europa, Jon Pool. I have copied Davids message to the forum below for
those that want a reminder. Significant time has passed whilst I wait
for outstanding items, which have only just been dispatched, and still I
have to wait for one. Also I have sent a raft of e-mails to both Fiona
and to Jon Pool, however Fiona has not been reliable as a point of
contact for reasons beyond her control, and yet other attempts at
updating what has gone on with Karen did "not result" in any service.
Within this period I changed e-mail addresses, but kept a vigil on my
old one.
I wrote to Jon Pool offering to pay half of the amount, and received no
reply, and today I come home from overseas to find my Visacard on file
has been operated on for the full amount of the restocking fee.  No
courtesy e-mail.
I find the entire purchasing process has no transparency. I "never" knew
what exactly I was getting with the 912S kit, and therefore was not able
to ascertain the differences for my 914 FWF kit. The parts are not cost
itemised, and I was also charged a packaging and delivery fee, with a
quoted delivery of 80 Pounds, so therefore an additional 70 Pounds for
the packaging. I don't believe this charge is written anywhere, nor are
we charged other than the component cost for small orders, and shouldn't
they be happy when you place a large one. These charges are just milking
money out of the pockets of a small client base.
My experience has been in direct contrast to the transparent process
implied by David Standbridge below.
To operate on a customers Visacard without their consent, when in
obvious dispute is unacceptable. I have seen nothing to suggest what
Europa wants of its business it has any intention of following through
with. The level of communication is shocking. The transparency is non
existent. I am happy to pay a fair price, when I know what it is, and
only when I can take full control of my own money. I'm also happy to pay
a premium for a good service. This has
not been the case, and I would like to demand an apology, and a refund
until a proper agreed position is reached.
If anyone wants further information I am happy to provide an entire
e-mail history of the conversations.
Reg
Tony Renshaw
Sydney Aussie.

Date:   Mar 20, 2010
Subject:        Europa parts supply - 'Handling fee' warning

To all,

I would just like to take this opportunity to thank you for the support
for Europa. Just to keep you abreast of some of the changes:

1. By the end of this financial year (April 5th) we will be operating a
new stock control / parts system. As well as enabling us to auto order
stock (so that we never run low) and deliver faster, on a practical
level
it will for instance enable us to provide photos of all of the items to
ensure that going forward we can provide the parts right first time.
2. The production facilities at Kirkbymoorside are close to completion
in
terms of a revamp that will enable us to obtain EASA Production
Organisation Approval (POA) so that we can start manufacturing certified
aircraft. As they stand now you can almost eat your dinner off the floor
of both the machine and composite manufacturing shop.
3. The POA will be complemented by an EASA Design Organisation Approval
so
that we can start "officially" designing certified aircraft. Obviously
this will also lead to better all round technical support for the Europa
aircraft.

Along the way there are bound to be some frustrations and we are not
here
to bite the hand off anyone. We just want to ensure that Europa is a
going
concern for many years to come and to offer support and further
enhancements for the existing and the future Europa fleet.

Thank you,

Dave Stanbridge