Re: Europa-List: Kill Switch and External Power Receptacle

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Kill Switch and External Power Receptacle
From: Raimo Toivio <raimo.toivio@rwm.fi>
Date: Fri, 21 May 2010 12:49:46
Fred,

Puppy # 1 (mechanical, big and red) is just behind
and near an accu. In my case it means it is over
the  banana tray.
When flying, it is not very erconomical to use it
by P1 but it is reachable by stretching the safety
belts a little.
On the other hand I will never use it when flying,
emergency or not. That is it.
I elected this place to minimize cabel weight and
labour also.
One extra benefit: this mechanical key is
removable.
That is a safety effect also.
When the key is removed, it is much more hard to
steal my Europa (in fact that thief would be quite
skilled and/or mad if he (I point *he*)  desided
to fly my Mono out. Would be an interesting
experience to see it!).
The key is secured by detachable lanyard (that is
against a mad passenger "hey what is this?" and
"where it is now?").

Puppy #2 (electric rocking switch with 40A
automotive lightweight light relay) locates as per
Europa = panel=B4s left-down corner.
I forgot to mention: of course it leaves also
trimming system operative when switched off.
When switched off, I have to switch also trim
circuit breaker open to switch off trim power when
parked.
During emergency, it is still operative because CB
is on.

BTW I have no C of G problems at all; I have a
fore located accu and The Airmaster CS prop and
"some" other fore located gizmos.
With an empty tank and a passenger 140 kg /62 lbs
(!) C of G is still at fore limit.

I am sure you understand Finnish enough to follow
attached xls table.

Terveisin, Raimo Toivio

Europa XS Mono OH-XRT #417

37500 Lemp=E4=E4l=E4