SV: Europa-List: Kill Switch and External Power Receptacle

Subject: SV: Europa-List: Kill Switch and External Power Receptacle
From: Sidsel og Svein Johnsen <sidsel.svein@oslo.online.no>
Date: Thu, 20 May 2010 14:47:08

Tony,

Unless you expect to have a centre of gravity-problem, I would not place the
battery further back than in the baggage bay.  Easier access, and less cable
weight.  It is nice to be able to put some baggage back there without
worrying about CoG.

I have a manual master switch behind the passenger seat head rest (purchased
in a marine boat store), which kills all but trim and stall warner.

For charging and jumper cables( to start by an external battery), I have a
plug receptacle inside a small hatch just aft of the right side wing (just
aft of the flap trailing edge).  This has some advantages vs. taking the
cables in through an open door:

- You can charge with the airplane locked.
- If you need jumper cables to start the engine, you can do so with the
doors closed (no risk of a door flying open by the propeller wash).  A
helper on the outside can pull out the jumper contact and close the small
hatch.

Regards
Svein