Europa-List: Kill Switch and External Power Receptacle

Subject: Europa-List: Kill Switch and External Power Receptacle
From: Tony Renshaw <tonyrenshaw268@gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 20 May 2010 20:05:51

Gidday,
I am going to have my battery behind me, either under the baggage bay area on a
shelf, or right back in the tail. I then intend on the power cables coming up
to the passenger headrest where I have a "BIG RED BUTTON", kill switch.
I want to kill all electrics in the flare prior to a crash landing forward of
this
switch. I am now thinking about an external power receptacle, and the issue
of making a hatch near my battery, until I realised my heavy duty cables will
be coming right up to my passenger headrest, so why not make this cable to the
battery also act as a charging circuit, with a b***dy big hatch right beside
it, the Stbd door. So, does anyone want to tell me "NOT" to do this?
Reg
Tony Renshaw
Sydney Aussie