Re: Europa-List: RE: Europa- Touring in France

Subject: Re: Europa-List: RE: Europa- Touring in France
From: David Joyce <davidjoyce@doctors.org.uk>
Date: Thu, 6 May 2010 15:32:20

Bob, A lot of the middle sized airfields as well as all the large ones have
their own French Meteo man there who is generally extremely helpful. That
apart Ifind the various resource/links at
www.guernseyaeroclub.com/weather.htm  to be more than enough. In particular
xc weather, orbifly,Met Office 415, European Tafs & Metars provide most of
what you need on the day and either the USAF, the XC or the NOAA 7day
forecasts are good for planning ahead. One other resource not on the
Guernsey site possibly worth looking at is Jeppesen's one:
www.jeppesen.com/aviation/personal/aviation-weather.jsp    In particular I
like the weather depiction page which gives a Europe wide indication of VFR
or various IFR conditions.
         Have you by the way found the Europa Club Guide to Flying in Europe
on the Club web site - it has all of the above & a fair bit more.
Regards, David Joyce, G-XSDJ