Re: Europa-List: Day VMC only

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Day VMC only
From: Raimo Toivio <raimo.toivio@rwm.fi>
Date: Tue, 27 Apr 2010 16:23:06
Hi Svein

In Finland

1) night operations are ok also for experimentals (not allowed for ANY
ultras).

- must have certain equipments like nav, landing and panel lights,
heated pitot-static, TSO bank&incl.  coordinator and ASI.
- we have about 5 experimentals permitted for night ops
- one of them is Comp Air 8 with Walter turbin.

2) IMC is not permitted for any experimentals.

3) we have about 100 real homebuilt aircrafts (not included modified
Cessnas etc).

Attached one nice night flight departure photo. It was a formation
flight with three Europas including two G-registered Europas following
my OH-XRT. No problem, I permitted them for night ops here in Finland...

Raimo OH-XRT