Re: Europa-List: Rotax carb choke problem

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Rotax carb choke problem
From: Frans Veldman <frans@privatepilots.nl>
Date: Fri, 23 Apr 2010 18:09:19

On 04/23/2010 03:07 PM, Bob Borger wrote:

> If you had the float bowl off, check to make sure that the little hole down in
the corner and associated plumbing in that corner is clear.

Ok, this makes sense. I will take the carb out again as soon as I know
for sure that we are not going to fly. ;-) And then check that this
little hole is still open.

> I'm not sure if you are aware, but the "Choke" isn't really a choke in the
> classic
sense.  Pulling the "Choke" cable rotates a set of valves in the carb which
enable a small enriching carb.  The enriching carb receives its fuel from
the float bowl through that small hole and associated plumbing.

Ah. I was wondering about that. Noticed on the schematic that there is a
"start jet" and I presume this is also something I need to check to get
the choke working again.

> There may be some sort of blockage in that system preventing fuel flow to the
enriching carb

I think you are right.
Thanks for the info!

Frans