Re: Europa-List: Effects of Flaps and Ailerons on Pitch Trim

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Effects of Flaps and Ailerons on Pitch Trim
From: david miller <loboloda@execulink.com>
Date: Mon, 12 Apr 2010 09:24:15
Graham,

I think that for most efficient flight the incidence of the wing and
tail should be such that at cruise there is no up or down trim on the
elevator
or all flying tail.
seems to me that on my aircraft I am holding some down tail to
maintain level flight in cruise, if that is the case slightly less
incidence on the wing would have helped.
Again just going back to model days, to get a model to glide right
was a matter of altering the incidence on the wing or tail or adding
weight to the nose.
But that's about the extent of my aeronautical knowledge, I'm sure
brighter minds can correct this.

Dave